- Marketing Communications and Brand Management 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Financial Management for Projects & Contracts 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Organisation and Relationship Systems in the Workplace 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Risk Assessment within Production Operations 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Fitness for Service Assessment of Pressure Vessels, Tanks and Piping Systems Using API 579-1 and ASME FFS Standards 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Documents and Records Management Compliance 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Construction & Civil Engineering Fundamentals for Non-Civil Engineers 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Oil Movement, Storage and Troubleshooting 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Advanced Risk and Incident Analysis 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Reservoir Management and Monitoring 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- The Practical Leader: Developing and Leading High Performing Teams 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Mastering Business Data Collection, Analysis and Presentation 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- Advanced Negotiation Skills & Deal Making Strategies 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- Leadership & Crisis Management in Emergency Situations 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- LV, MV and HV Circuit Breakers 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Training Material and eLearning Design and Development 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Organization of Quality Control for Geological Exploration QA/QC 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Boilers: Operation, Maintenance, Inspection, Control and Troubleshooting 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Mastering and Managing Professional Communications 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Gas Processing 26 - 30 Sep 2021
Advanced Recruitment, Psychometric Analysis & Assessment
February 2, 2020
Almost every company I am aware of recruiting candidates into their organisation at some point in time. Bearing in mind the process of recruitment can take many forms with a questionable level of success.
What I would describe as a successful recruitment outcome would be the new recruiting settles and procedures that are well in the organisation and in a matter of months, their performance will improve especially with their particular role.
The scenario I have described is an excellent result for the recruitment team, have they done their job well? Was it down to luck or good judgement?
This highly interactive training course is a result of over 30 years’ consultancy experience in recruitment at all levels in organisations including graduates, middle and senior managers and development activities, experiencing the highs and lows with real case studies to enhance the learning.
Back in the 1980’s I was introduced to the Behavioural Event Interviewing Process by means of participation in a leading edge process. This project literarily started using a blank piece of paper to develop a structure to interviewing and a competence model to briefly:
- Understand what attributes the ideal candidate would need to carry out the role fully and well.
- How to construct what was needed in the process of recruitment.
- Produce objective information (removing any subjective data) to create relevant information to aid in the to the decision making process.
- Use data gathered in the recruitment process (any weaknesses or requirements to be developed) to enhance the induction period and going forward in the organisation
- To train managers and anyone else who might be involved in the recruitment activities.
The behavioural or structured interview as it is called today is only part of the process when recruiting, other tools and techniques would include:
- HR Interview
- Technical Interview
- A Problem Solving activity either in a group or individual basis (or even both.!)
- Psychometric testing an area needing special attention, but extremely valuable to unlock additional information or to compare / challenge conclusions in other parts of the recruitment process.
- Giving constructive feedback, providing this is common practice in individual organisations.
There will be the opportunity to sample and examine at least three types of competency frameworks, examples of all of the above tools and techniques, along with open sessions for raising questions and exploring various issues. As I have found in the past the opportunity to test ones understanding is invaluable, this helps to support the key conclusions during the time spent together.
You may be surprised to find I have left out CV and References from the list of tools and techniques. That’s not to say they don’t have a role to play, but I would like to have the opportunity to explore my theories with you on these two points during your time on the course. I look forward to meeting you in due course.
Check out our courses for 2020 at www.euromatech.com/training-plan-2020.
EuroMaTech is a leading training & management consultancy offering
training solutions that focus on enabling clients to improve their skills and
potential, to progressively achieve organisational outcomes. With a high
emphasis on quality, we support our clients’ training needs across a wide
range of industries to meet industry best practices and create value
addition. Our program categories include topics on: Administration
Finance & Budgeting, Customer &
Public Relations, HR
Process Engineering, Projects, Contracts &
Masterclass. With headquarters in Liverpool, UK and offices in Dubai and
Abu Dhabi, EuroMaTech deliver courses in worldwide venues including
Training Courses in Abu Dhabi , Training
in Amsterdam , Training
Courses in Bali ,
Training Courses in Bangkok , Training Courses
Training Courses in Brighton,
Training Courses in Brussels, Training Courses
in Berlin , Training Courses in Chicago ,
Training Courses in Colombo ,
Training Courses in Copenhagen , Training
Courses in Dubai , Training
Courses in Geneva , Training Courses in Georgia , Training Courses in
Jeddah , Training Courses in
Kuala Lumpur , Training Courses in London ,
Training Courses in Marrakech , Training
Muscat , Training Courses in Los
Angeles , Training
Courses in Orlando , Training Courses in Riyadh , Training Courses in Singapore , Training
Courses in St. Petersburg , Training
Courses in Sydney , Training Courses in Vancouver ,
Training Courses in Vienna , Training Courses
in Washington , and Training Courses in Zurich.
Join us on LinkedIn, Facebook , Twitter , Google+, YouTube & Instagram and make a professional presence online.